Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Playing Small, part 1

Last week, I was participating in a renewal/review of a visioning event from the year before. The leader handed us part of a famous quote from Marianne Williamson of which these words popped out:
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other
people won't feel insecure around you.
Today, the Rumi quote showed up on my Facebook feed. I believe in the power of coincidence ~ when we choose to notice it. The Ineffable One is saying something here.... something I have resisted much of my life. I recognize there is humility in my hanging back; yet it has grown beyond just being humble to that level of false humility that says I have more than someone else so I need to temper it. What I have is not more of something, it is uniquely my expression of Spirit rather than what others see or expect or express themselves. It is time to unfold.... more to come.

How do you 'play small'? Why do you do it? What is the gift you have that you are holding back from the world? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment