Saturday, April 20, 2013

Proper Question, Part 1

Here's something to ponder:
"Asking the proper question is the central action of transformation ~ in fairy tales, in analysis, and in individuation. the key question causes germination of consciousness. The properly shaped question always emanates from an essential curiosity about what stands behind. Questions are the keys that cause the secret doors of the psyche to swing open." ~ Clarissa Pinkola Estes
So what is the 'proper question' for you? What will unlock the secret door of your psyche? How do you begin to find which question fits best?

For me, this query shifts at the strangest times. Five hours ago, my 'proper question' was: How am I going to ever get through reading this book by tomorrow? Or maybe, in perspective, it was more appropriately, though expansively: How am I going to comprehend or even apprehend the themes in this book in order to write a review by tomorrow?

Now as I sit here, typing away at my blog, my 'proper question' is: How do I determine what is proper in each moment? How do I begin to find the key to unlocking that secret door? Oh, and while I'm at it, do I even know where that secret door is located? Sometimes, the proper question is the most basic!

No comments:

Post a Comment