Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Do you know what you are?

Rumi:

Do you know what you are?
You are a manuscript of a divine letter.
You are a mirror reflecting a noble face.
This universe is not outside of you.
Look inside yourself;
everything that you want,
you are already that.

Imagine that. A manuscript of a divine letter. What an incredible thought! I am, you are, we are a written page, a letter.... carefully chosen, divinely inspired ~ breathed into being.
Who do you suppose is the addressee of that letter? I imagine that it is me, I am the letter, the manuscript, being written as well as the one to whom the letter is addressed. That divine hand, so carefully forming those words, every line and jot of that script, finds me as well as the message to be perfect. I am humbled and exposed. My life, my plan, is an open message that another could read, study, reflect upon, as I could do the same with another's divine letter. These are not intended to remain hidden; they are written in full light and I cannot be ashamed of or embarrassed by them. A greater Hand than mine has formed the strokes of those letters. Instead, I am humbled.

What does your divine letter say? Have you taken the time to read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment