Saturday, January 12, 2013

Another beginning.....


As I shared in a retreat via phone this afternoon, this card was on my altar. It has several elements that speak to me ~~ for now, since it is today's interpretation, today's beginning I want to speak, I will mention one: the pen. That pen signifies my desire, drive, calling to write, to put into words what shows up in my life on a regular basis.
Earlier today, as I was speaking with an acquaintance at Starbucks, I mentioned the depth and breadth of my religious studies. Simply mentioned that it was there. Once the words were out of my mouth, I wondered why I'd said it. That's something about which I rarely speak except to those closest to me, those to whom I choose to reveal that facet of my soul. Yet today, the words formed themselves in my mouth and spewed themselves out, then dared me to deny them. Ha! Like that's even possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment