Sunday, January 6, 2013

Beginnings

Welcome....
I call this blog Unfolding Myths because of my favorite quote from Rumi:
Who gets up early to discover the moment light begins?
Who finds us here circling, bewildered, like atoms?
Who comes to a spring thirsty and sees the moon reflected in it?
Who lets a bucket down and brings up a flowing prophet?
Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things
have gone with others. Unfold
your own myth, without complicated explanation,
so everyone will understand the passage,
We have opened you.

Well. There you have it. Time to unfold the myths, my own myths, our own myths. Time to understand that I've been opened. Sometimes it feels like a can opener has sliced into me and pried me open. I so often hide inside... it's comforting and comfortable. Probably time to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment