Thursday, February 27, 2014

After Writing Wednesday




I practiced my writing on Wednesday; fortunately, in the company of a wonderful, amazing, talented group of women writers. We began the day chatting about the writing we were doing ~ sharing our stories of writing and our opportunities to write. Then we drew Goddess Amulets. Mine was the Cow Goddess ~ associated with the moon and holding the meaning of uniting in partnership. Her message suited where I was physically, emotionally and mentally.

We wrote for a couple of hours before we ate lunch, then for a couple more afterward. Mostly in silence. It was wonderful! I continued on a couple of stories I'd begun the previous week, including doing some research on the Sami and Maori cultural traditions, mythologies and legends. It was a very good day.

Driving away afterward, I recognized this was what I wanted to do when I grew up ~ or retired, whichever came first ~ write, solo and in the company of other women writers. The support and encouragement means the world to me. Maybe, just maybe, I've found my corner of the world.

Where do you feel comfortable? With what group do you feel connected? supported? How do you take care of yourself so you can be with those who support and care for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment