Monday, January 6, 2014

Shaman of Courage


The Shaman's Oracle ~ J. Matthews & W. Kinghan
As I focused on the coming week, I asked the question: What do I need for the coming week? What quality would serve me best?

And so I drew Courage. One facet of a Shaman's being is to dream the world into existence. Those dreams take courage. Courage to move forward in time. Courage to release what is no longer needed. Courage to step into one's power. Courage brings many, many gifts with it.

The image on the card is like a shadow dancer. It has hands that are over-sized to capture and to defend. From its hip comes what looks like another hand ~ or a weapon. On its head are horns. It is wavy, tall and strong and looks as though it could carry one into the future.

What need do you have for courage? What are you willing to let go? What is calling you forward? How will you dream your future?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this should be my card for the entire year! I have been thinking a lot about moving to Oregon, to be closer to my aunt and uncle, cousin, brother, sister-in-law, and baby nephew, and also because my aunt swears it would be a better place for me to live. But I lack courage. It is hard for me to let go of my life here in Chicago, being near my parents and other family members. I know Oregon would be better for me, but it is so hard to leave Chicago behind!

    ReplyDelete