Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Commitment



The Enchanted Map by Colette Baron-Reid
Commitment
"A true commitment is a responsibility of the heart, mind, body, and soul. This is a good time to make one."

My question, prior to drawing this card, was: What strength to I bring to my day? What can I share with others?

Commitment as a strength. In every relationship. Commitment is also about constancy ~ being there for someone else. Staying the course with that person. Awareness of what commitment means ~ saying 'yes' when I mean 'yes' and 'no' when I mean 'no'. Staying the course with myself. Being true to who I am. Being clear about the promises I make and fulfilling them to the best of my ability.

Commitment is also about Spirit. For me, that means diving deep into the Substance of Life. Walking with one ear attuned to the Guiding Voice, one eye watching the Directing Star. I need time alone to readjust to the rhythm of the Ineffable One. I can use a thousand thousand terms for God because no one of them is enough to call forth the entirety of my commitment. It is always a good time to make that commitment.

What are you committed to/ How do you describe your commitments? What's most significant about them for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment