Sunday, January 25, 2015

Allowing the Wild Storm


Sacred Rebels Oracle by Alana Fairchild
Since it was the weekend, I decided to draw a card for the coming week. What was my focus for the coming week? What was the most important point for me to keep in my awareness? What showed up: After the Storm.

From the Guidebook:
"There is, in life and in the creative process, a need to allow for wild storms. There will be those precious moments of peace beforehand, and the release and revitalisation that follows, yet the storm in the middle is essential! ...[T]he storm wisdom offers you the gift of bringing things to a head, and clearing them away, so that the energy can be freed from a pattern that has had its day, and is ready to become something new."

I've spent a good chunk of the past year weathering the storm. There have been bright, sunny, blue-sky spots as well as dark, forbidding, sudden-squall spots. I've been blessed with friends both new and old who have ridden out the shifts and changes with me. I love that this card has shown itself at this precise moment in time. It's the blossoming force of the creative process that has provided the life-changing, mind-altering energy to keep me moving forward, ever onward.

It isn't lost on me that the creature flying in the bright creative moonlight after the storm is an Owl. Owl has guided me through dark times for many, many years. It was my high school mascot. No matter where I've traveled, Owl has insisted on being a Light Bearer and guide for me. This beautiful, moon-faced barn owl is haunting and hunting me, leading me through the darkest moments of the storm. I am grateful.

What storm is brewing in your life? or what storm has recently passed? How does your creative energy express before, during and after the storm? Do you fear the storm? or find it exciting? What's your next creative step?

No comments:

Post a Comment