Sunday, April 17, 2016

Nonjudgmental Reflection


Wisdom of the Hidden Realms by Colette Baron-Reid

From the guide:
The Lady of the Mirror is both Ally and Challenger, asking you to see yourself in the mirror made by the events in your life. She represents the powerful force of the Law of Attraction and reminds you that what you are is what you attract. .... Certain events are fated to test our faith. Rather, find yourself within the web woven through your life, your relationships, opportunities, desires, seeming failures, and successes. Observe how you've responded to life's challenges, great and small, and be aware of what is familiar in the present. Release all judgment, and accept things exactly as they are with love. The Lady of the Mirror asks that you honor every part of your story as essential to your highest unfolding. 

This card comes at the perfect time. (Isn't that always the case?) I've been touched by several new experiences lately. My deepest reaction was non-blaming and nonjudgmental ~ and it surprised me. It's as though I already started on the path of the Lady of the Mirror.

One phrase from the guide caught my attention: "...what you are is what you attract." If ~ and when ~ I'm tense or nervous or stressed, what arrives on my doorstep is usually something reflecting those same qualities. It becomes a downward spiral ~ or even a slide! People around me respond accordingly as well. They show more agitation as a reflection of mine.

On the other hand, when I am calm or reflective or joyful, what shows up around me is generally much the same. I feel more positive and more upbeat in my responsiveness and those around me often show up with the same upbeat manner.

I was also attracted by the final statement to "honor every part of [my] story as essential to [my] highest unfolding." In truth, there are some pieces of my recent experiences and story that I would prefer to leave behind. Yet these words speak clearly to me about every part of the story being significant. Each piece, whether or not I find value in it, has value to the greater picture. I continue to breathe in this nonjudgmental moment. This does not always come easily to me. My human instinct is to evaluate, and with that evaluation, to judge events and the people in them good or bad, right or wrong, helpful or harmful. These past few days, I have had the pleasure of nonjudgmental reflection and reaction to my experiences.

How does nonjudgmental reflection show up in your life? Are you exactly where you need to be on your path? Do you love what you see in the mirror? Can you perceive your part in your reactions and the motives behind your current inquiry? How honest are you with yourself?


No comments:

Post a Comment