Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Enchantment

Ode to Enchanted Light
by Pablo Neruda

Under the trees light
has dropped from the top of the sky,
light
like a green latticework of branches,
shining
on every leaf,
drifting down like clean
white sand.

A cicada sends
its sawing song
high into the empty air.

The world is
a glass overflowing
with water.

In the dreamtime of being among the trees, I am captured by Neruda's poem. His description of the light and its glowing, vibrant beauty connect me from the top of the day to the evening. I feel the glow through me as much as seeing it filtering through the trees. His words dance across my mind as I savor every iota of living each one describes.

There never seems quite enough time for me to whirl through that dream space, that moment where I ground myself with the words of someone I have never met, yet whose life influences mine in each touch of those words.

Since it is National Poetry Month, what poet or poem influences your life? Into what dreams do those words carry you? How do you let in the connections with the writer of those words?


No comments:

Post a Comment