Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Dream Anew


At each day's start, whenever I open myself to it and allow it in, I focus on a goal or dream for the day: How do I want this day to go? What new dream do I want to plant in my life? What is currently blossoming?

In stores or restaurants, I've overheard people commenting on how old they are and/or how set they are in their ways. If I can catch sight of the speaker, I often find that she or he is probably anywhere from 20 to 40 years old. I have to turn quickly away so they don't notice my grin. The overheard conversation circles around how they haven't reached whatever they consider to be "stardom" yet: their book isn't published (or perhaps even written); they haven't found "the one"; their dream job has turned into a nightmare. After years of change, and survival, I know I can set another goal and accomplish it or dream another dream and reach it.

I find that the older I get, the more I realize just how much age is a state of mind. I have the option of letting it define me.... or not. Reviewing my life, I find there have been many times over the years when I renewed my dream or my goal for my life. I have never given up or thought that I was too old or too settled or too set in my ways. Well, not for more than a few days at a time.

Have you set new goals recently? Have you dreamed anew? How has that made you felt? Are you ready to move forward again?

No comments:

Post a Comment