Thursday, September 25, 2014

Diary Writing


I don't know about anyone else, but I've been told for a long time that the best proof of being a writer is writing in a journal or diary. Wow. I don't do that. Writing this blog is the closest I come to diary writing. I suppose that makes me less than perfect on the writer scale.

That said, I think I could write diary entries like this image suggests. If I could begin a snippet of either the day or a 'tarot moment' or a collected kledon, use that to begin a story, and run with it, I'd been a happy camper. I will add one thing to this advice: Do what makes you happiest. Do whatever kind and amount of writing that satisfies your soul. Don't let anyone dictate what you should or shouldn't do or say, what you can or cannot write. Name yourself: writer, poet, tale-teller, whatever fits. Believe in yourself. First and foremost. Always answer the call of the muse of writing.

What advice would you give your inner creative? What do you need/want to do to nurture that creative spark? What keeps you from doing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment