Monday, September 1, 2014

World-Ending Meditation


Whew! It's been a while since I've sat for a significant time in meditation. I'd forgotten how altering it was ~ and that forgetting happens almost immediately when not sitting regularly.

When I sat in meditation today, I slipped into that deep, quieter-than-relaxation place. I felt my shoulders drop in relaxation, my breathing deepen and slow, the voice in my mind go still. It was more profound than my words can describe. I merged soundlessly and seamlessly with another dimension of reality.

Shortly after moving out of meditation, a phrase from a R.E.M. song filled my mind:
"It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine."
I interpreted that as an intrinsic Tarot announcing itself to me. Like the card Death, meaning a transformation, transition or significant change. Perhaps revealing one that is already present in my life. Meditation set the stage for open awareness, a time to notice what is happening internally and in the world around me.

How do you interpret songs that 'show up' in your awareness? Do you meditate? If so, how does it help you? If not, would you consider trying it to see what happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment