Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Enlightenment and Reality


As I was looking on the web, I came across the name of someone whose work I read many years ago: Anthony de Mello. This quote came from his book, Awakenings: Conversations with the Masters.

I don't have a continuing grasp on seeing Reality as it is. Sometimes I totally get that there is no water around ~ no threats or negativity coming toward me. Other times I believe that I'm drowning ~ my world coming apart at the seams. 

What I've come to realize, in bits and pieces, fits and starts, is that Enlightenment is about how I choose to perceive the world. Occasionally, that's as far from Reality as I can get. That negative energy that blocks the true perception of Reality isn't from anyone else; it comes from my own thoughts, my own soul.

How do you perceive Reality? Is it always the same way? Are there differences on different days? or at different times? How do you return to the right view of Reality ~ and Enlightenment?

No comments:

Post a Comment