Thursday, May 15, 2014

More of What Matters


Rumi. One of my very favorite poets. One of my favorite commentators on life.

What is calling me has changed from what called me 30, 20 or even 10 years ago. My life situation is changing ~ has changed ~ and I find myself looking deeply in a different direction. There is a new-found silence that bubbles from a well I'd almost forgotten lived within me.  The spot had grown so very, very still that any movement or noise drowned it out.

Recently, the bubbling began. And I knew that the Wild Iris bloomed within me, in the dark forest of my soul. There's a beauty there that draws me ever deeper into it. When I get there, I wonder if there will be another direction, another calling, pulling on my soul?

What pulls on your soul? How do you silence the noise enough to hear the calling of your soul? What blooms within for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment