Friday, March 14, 2014

More Things to Give Up


Full disclosure of the obvious type: I did not make up this list (the URL is at the top of the picture).

I like this list. I've returned to it again and again because I get caught up in doing some of these things and freezing myself in time and space.

The ones appearing most recently in my life are #3 Being indecisive about what you want, #4 Procrastinating on the goals that matter to you, and # 8 Making excuses rather than decisions. These are my personal free-roaming 'Gang of Three.' They feed each other. My excuses allow for my indecisiveness which fuels my procrastination. One version of it goes something like this: "There's too much going on and I really only have time to do one of the things on my list. But I don't know which one to do." *fret-fret-fret* "Now it's getting/gotten too late to do any of it....." *whine-whine*

When I catch myself doing that routine, I stop mid-fret, mid-whine, mid-thought and DO something that moves me off that particular track. Most of the time, I do one of the 'things' on my list. It lifts my mood ~ and I actually accomplish something. It doesn't have to be a lot or the entirety of my list or even the task. Whatever it is, it something rather than more non-movement.

Which of the "10 Things" gets in your way most often? Or is there another way you sabotage yourself and your forward movement? What do you do to shift your direction?

No comments:

Post a Comment